Have you seen those ads in the paper that tell you “lose 10lb in 7 days” and wondered what it was all about. It is appealing. What if it were true? What is the secret I am missing? When we are unhappy about our shape and weight, the pursuit of these promises can be tantalizing but excuciatingwhat if it we end up disappointed? This article will show you how to select a safe weight loss program.
According to medical authorities a responsible and safe weight-loss program is one that has the following characteristics. This information can help you make an informed decision about joining a program.
A Responsible and Safe Weight-loss Program.
Experts agree that the best way to reach a healthy weight is to follow a sensible eating plan and engage in regular physical activity. Weight loss programs should encourage healthy behaviours that help you lose weight and that you can maintain over time.
A safe and effective weight loss program should include:
1. Healthy eating plans that reduce calories but do not rule out specific foods or food groups
2. Regular physical activity and/or exercise instruction
3. Tips on healthy behaviour changes that also consider your cultural needs
4. Slow and steady weight loss of about to 2 pounds per week and not more than 3 pounds per week (weight loss may be faster at the start of a program)
5. A plan to keep the weight off after you have lost it